Friday, July 21, 2006

week 1 - Cement:


After getting help from 'Inventor Greg' the week before to auger out the 26 holes that all go about 3 feet down, we started setting up the concrete footings. Here's Melissa's foot next to one of the holes. We're going to leave the cardboard tube in. (some people peel them off I guess).




This cowboy look is for the sun primarily, and the kerchief is so I don't breathe the concrete dust. I'm about to shove a piece of rebar into the wet concrete.



There goes the end of the rebar, which got sunk deeper into the concrete.




















A few of the footings with the "J" bolt sticking out, drying in the sun:



Every evening, we cook dinner over the campfire, and actually eat pretty well.


I finally got the power cord up near the tent (all the way from the solar panelled trailer, but ended up using some logs as a desk. This photo is with my phone camera, so it's not so hot, but it's funny:

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...