Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wagon Review:



As you can see in a recent post, we've been using a 4 wheeled wagon to haul dirt around... that is, until it gave up one wheel and basically fell apart. This was after two different times when I reinforced two different parts on it... So, I called up my neighbor, Hiram, who is not someone who is doing a lot of heavy lifting around his place these days, and asked him if I could borrow a couple wagons that I had seen laying around his place. He said take whatever I wanted, so I grabbed two different kinds.

The 'heavy hauler', which is actually quite light, and is available at OSH stores for $37. It was working pretty well for a couple of days, but the wheels started cracking, and it's a bit hard to steer and not hit your heels while you pull it.



This old home-made thing is certainly sturdy, and it having the load so close to the ground makes it easy to load up and move heavy things... but the wheels are too thin; they dig into the ground so that it's too hard to pull. I bet this could move anything on pavement.



So, we bit the bullet and spent $120 at a big (orange) box store and got the 8 cubic foot, two-wheeled wheel-barrow. so, far, so good. I'll let you know if anything falls off it.


No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...