Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So much peeling...

One of the big timbers we're using on the north side of the house has all sorts of little tiny knots on it's surface... almost like pimples. Since this log is so long and heavy, it takes a long time to peel the skin off, and Melissa was getting frustrated with these extra bumps.







Since she rarely gets frustrated with a tedious task, I stepped in and went after it, working particularly hard on the little bumps.




Once I got the main layers off, Melissa was happy again, and was willing to pose for a picture with some of the shavings. We'll be creating a bunch more of that stuff!

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...