Thursday, August 28, 2008

Graywater buckets

As visitors know, the waste water from the kitchen and bathroom sinks, and the shower, goes down a pipe downhill to these buckets. I had wanted it to go directly to the fruit trees, but the slope doesn't fully allow that.

So, for the last two years, in the summer, I've carried the waste water around to the different trees. Sort of bad planning, but to change it would have meant building the yurt higher off the ground. (no thanks.)


Still, it helps us to stay aware of how much water we're using, and really manage the 'cycle of use' of our resources. Plus, it's pretty cool that waste water ends up making fruit:



No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...