Thursday, February 19, 2009

Evening out the gravel floor

Melissa has taken her keen eye to the gravel inside the house and started adding and taking out spots to compensate for the subflooring we're going to do. Turns out when I put the gravel in last spring(?) I was shooting at the wrong height.

While we were moving gravel around, I put some chunks of insulation around the little trap door box we have in the floor of the second bedroom. (I'd already done it on the kitchen trap door storage box)

Readers may remember that I put a bunch of not flat rocks under the gravel of the floor to take up space, instead of using all that expensive gravel. Well, a batch had to come out, as we were going lower than originally planned. Can you say 'doing work twice'?
Here's the pile of removed ones. It got bigger after the photo was taken.







No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...