Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Working on the door buck



I started working on the framework that will be the back door the other day. Building up from the bolts in the concrete that had a board already locked in to hold back the gravel inside the house, I had to do a bunch of careful measuring and planning to get the two sides to be square to each other.
This picture makes it look a lot more fragile and out of balance than it is.





These are scavenged 2x6s that will be the buried in half of the door buck. I'll put nicely treated 2x whatever (15-20") glued together redwood that will be the surface you see as you walk through the door. They will get screwed onto this form that will be buried in the wall. It's all about square, and sturdy.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...