Friday, May 01, 2009

Small Details in the Clearstory wall

Now that the roofers are out of the way, I needed to get back to the clearstory wall and get that further along. I've been hesitating to build the wall sections between the windows, because it looks like I'll have to cover up the knee braces (the "Y" arms) on the inside of the house, due to the way the windows are situated. You will still see them from the outside.
So, I added the little bits of plywood to the interior of the "Y"s, and then added the blockers that will support the plywood on the inside.

Here's a close up. This will get filled with rigid foam insulation, and possibly some of that spray foam stuff. Then, the outside will probably get an earthen plaster that will match the rest of the house, so those gaps will be taken care of by that process.


No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...