Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cabinet doors and doors and doors

So, yesterday I cleaned off one set of shelves and oiled them up. They clean up well!

and all the doors (for everywhere) are made now, and the ones for this side of the mudroom are complete, with their oak horizontals cut from slats from old pallets and screwed into place:

I lightly oiled the inside of the doors as I had a bit of slightly thinned oil from working on the floor... I'll do the outsides once their up. Here's my first 3 (out of 22) put on with the hinges:


Then I went back to working on the kitchen side, where I decided to make some glass doors for the upper shelves. All was going surprisingly well until I got the first high one on... and realized that the center 'beam' of the loft is lower than the top of the cabinet. Great. so, I had to cut the top doors down about 1/2 an inch, and now will have to come up with a different way to trim up the top bit. not that big of a deal I guess.


Here they are put in, without a flash for the photo, trying to show the glass with reflection. (I know how to clean glass!)
and look, already crap on the shelves. what the...?

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...