Saturday, April 26, 2014

Water and Pests

Took this picture of the neighbor's pond, as full as its going to be this year... bummer.  Next summer, I'm thinking I'll get a couple trucks of sand and make a beach.

I bought a new gopher trap (cinch trap) for $20.  Not really sure it was worth it.  on the left, it's set, on the right, it has failed and the gopher has buried the trigger and everything and not set it off.  I have now gotten 2 with this thing, out of maybe 15 settings -in about 3 weeks of owning it.  hm. I have also shot one in the head with a pellet gun, which given the amount of time I'm actually 'hunting' make me much more effective than the trap.  we'll see.  

I set the camera phone down on the tabletop that has a bug living in it.  I'm working on drilling holes in the side so I can add poison, but how annoying.  Turn your volume up and lean in to hear the little guy.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...