Friday, September 29, 2006

Generator Arrives!



I went to the shipping depot to pick it up. Here's the guy bringing it over to my truck. that's the whole package:


















Here's the 'temporary-get-it-off-the-truck' pad I made... well, the first level. I put greasy oil container cardboard down, then plywood, then a sturdy pallet, then more plywood, and used big inch thick 3 foot long rebar as supports driven into the ground.






















With a chain wrapped around a tree, my winch attached to that, rope wrapped 4 times around the crate and a triple layer ramp, I was actually able to easily pull it off the truck. Note the firewood as extra bracing.


















The whole thing, sitting on it's home spot until I get some footings in the ground. I love the 6HP on the crate. Those boxes to the right are the fly wheels.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...