Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Deer are encouraging the Freezer project....


Observant readers will remember that I battled goats to get an old propane fridge from an RV to make into a freezer at some point, so we'll have more food storage capabilities. It would seem that the deer are interested in getting me on this project.

Here's a beautiful loquat tree, given to us by Melissa's father, who grew it from a seed in his backyard. Loquats are a bit like apricots... it looked like this yesterday when we left to go to San Jose for the night.



































Now it looks like this:




















I now have more deer fencing, and tomorrow will be covering the last 3 trees that don't have it yet. Then, I think that freezer needs a looking at.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...