Wednesday, November 12, 2008

And, Some Corrections
In the process of standing the last 'bent' up, we had to make some changes in where the bottoms of the posts landed on the concrete footings. Unfortunately, where I had placed the J bolts back a million years ago when we had the concrete poured was not correct.

Thus, we had to take them out.

We'll probably do some fancy drilling into the concrete with some powerful drill and either glue down new bolts or possibly just get some new-fangled screws.




1 comment:

tjbbpgob said...

I know you feel bad but I've seen this happen in steel structural work where everything is checked and re-checked out the wazoo. After you get them cut off, buy some Red- Head epoxy bolts, drill the holes where they need to be and glue them, yes glue them in with the epoxy glue that comes with the bolts. This works for some very serious structures including some skyscraper applications in NYC. I have used these, as a draftsman of many high rise and low rise applications, for 40+ years and none have failed yet to my knowledge.

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...