Thursday, November 27, 2008

Last Peg Going In!

It's official: we're done with the timber frame for the roof. (there will be a bit more notching and pegging for the loft) It was much more labor-intensive than I first expected, but all in all, worked out as well as we'd hoped.

After hand shaping something like 150 pegs, this one on the west center tallest post was the last one to go in. We wrote the date and our names on it, though I hope no one ever sees that.






The final southern bent and the girts to connect it took 50 pegs, and we did all the drilling, pounding, and cutting off in just two days.


The tarps are up on parts of the structure as it was threatening rain all week.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...