Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Ladder and Moving in

Made a ladder the other day, to get to the loft. It went from logs to ladder in 2.5 days, even including the gluing. It looks nice, but the steps are too close together (I thought it would be nicer to have them closer, but it just bugs me)


it's pretty light as well, so it can be slid up onto the loft floor for more space.

Simple photo inside the bedroom, as things are getting on the shelves

and, the lovely morning light coming in just after breakfast


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe I've ever commented before, but I've been following your blog pretty much since the very beginning.

I can't even express how much I admire what you guys have done. And the results are just breath-taking.

Absolutely amazing stuff and the dedication it must take to do pretty much everything yourselves is inspiring.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Anonymous said...

Love the squash sitting in the little alcove.

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...