Saturday, November 19, 2011

West Door Work

So I finally sealed up the spot under the door where the pipes go into the floor. Originally, I had wanted the pumps to sit under the threshold, but the way they put them together at the factory made them about an inch too tall for the space. So they sit under the deck, and that empty space behind them needed filling and sealing. I stuffed a bunch of old insulation bits left over from the roof and some plastic trash and then used plywood to cover it. Then, the can of Great Stuff, for every crack:
Eventually, I will build a little insulation box around the whole thing as well as the pipe insulation I have on there. No sense in losing heat. I'll just wait to scrounge some rigid foam somewhere.


Above is the deck boards in place, over the pumps. These were all ends and pieces left over from construction. Some had been the shelves under the yurt. I had to cut bits of rot off and such, but they cleaned up pretty well. Here's with the deck sealant stuff on them, still wet:

1 comment:

Nan_C said...

Tys!
Wow I have been out of touch. Still carry around my print outs of idea mountain from 2006 ? 2007
Finding you here is a whole neat new thing.

I was hunting for a consultation.

Now I find inspiration and more like mindedness.
Joined this just to get in contact.

Please contact me.

(I was caring for my Mom the last few years and now want to put all the pieces of a great life together so they work.)

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...