Journey in the Woods

Friday, February 27, 2009

Working on the french doorway

After struggling with the back door framework, I got a little smarter and realized I have to get all the brackets to be square. So we bolted some scraps to the new (taller) brackets -- because Melissa figured we needed more stem wall to hold in the gravel -- and then squared them up with each other.


Here you can see the scale (with the drill) and how the tall brackets will come out of new concrete.
Then we got a 80lb bag of mortar and started putting the rocks in... and only got this far.


Turns out we don't remember how to estimate how much mortar we need. Well, next trip to town we'll get enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home