Saturday, March 07, 2009

Working on the ROOF!

we actually got started putting plywood on today, finally! It was actually a really nice day, and it looks like it's going to be clear all week.


It goes pretty fast too, and feels like we're getting something done.
Some detail: on the short sides, nails go in every 6 inches, and we're using these little clips that are designed to hold the plywood together as well as keep a little space in there for expansion in heat.

You can sort of see on my framing hammer (that was a gift from neighbor Barry) that there's a drop of white paint on the handle. That's a perfect 6 inch mark, so I can speed along putting in nails easily.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...