Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Interesting floor results

So, we've already altered our building process about three times on this subfloor; I think we now have a system down we like.

What's interesting is watching how the finished stuf dries. There are small cracks where our scree boards were - sort of like it's cracking on the seams - which is no big deal, as we'll be putting more clay flooring over the top of this. Also, the parts to the west seem to be drying faster. First thought would be that it gets more sun or something, but it's all under the roof. My thought is that the gravel is deeper under that part, and so there is more places for the moisture to go.

In this picture, you can sort of see that the closest stuff is dry...actually this whole room is dry enough to walk on.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...