Sunday, July 19, 2009

Almost the last Notch?

We got out the old hammer and chisel again the other day, to make a notch for a rafter in the window buck/wall end that will create a transition between the cob and an opening window.

You can see that we've already treated the bottom of the log (and sliced one side off so it's flat) with varnish, so that the moisture in the cob that it will be burried in won't hurt the wood. The rest will get varnished as well.






Turns out the back door lack of steps makes a good spot to work on an angled notch





yes, my clothes are dirty, but their my work clothes! I don't always look like that!

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...