I finally got around to cutting up the last of that giant killer madrone that hung over the driveway. After the initial cutting up of most of the tree, it was out of the way, so I left it for a while. Still, I knew I had to get it done before the bugs came, or it'd be useless.
It was so thick though, I had to use my big chainsaw, which I felt wasn't working great lately. I found that the saw worked great however, and was able to cut some thin disks that we'll use as stepping 'stones' in different pathways.
You can see how big these chunks are by noticing my blue water jug sitting in the middle of the pile. that's a standard size jug, i.e., 750ml/wine bottle size.