Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sourdough

Well, I've taken the next step towards authentic/DIY/crazy.  I've decided to get back into the sourdough experiment.  I tried once, here on the mountain, years ago, and did a bad job of it. This time, I did some real (online) research, followed directions, and got things underway.  The first loaf (from the earth oven):
It's a bit flatter than I'd like, but I only did a 'counter' rise, rather than a bowl or basket.  Still, the crust came out a bit nicer than my regular bread, and it does taste like sourdough, that's for sure! It might be too sour for my taste, but Melissa loves it. 

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...