Thursday, February 28, 2008

Melissa starts Gardening

Time to get the potatoes in! I had dug these first two tiers of the upper garden, and intend to do about two more, but since we've got the seed potatoes, and it's time, Melissa went to work. I'll have to get the deer fence up around this area in about two or three weeks.



Melissa also decided she'd try a batch of seeds; all sorts of stuff, from peppers to echinachea (sp?) flowers. We actually had to keep the seeds in a container of moss in the fridge for a month beforehand. We'll see how that works out. Here she's sitting on the edge of the 'cold box', which I set up last spring to have a little head-start green-house type thing. This year it has gopher fence under it.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...