Friday, February 01, 2008

Getting Mortar Done...

Melissa and I worked on the almost last layer of the house wall foundation this morning. We're able to do three 80lb bags of mortar between breakfast and lunch... or until it starts raining, whichever comes first. Here's Melissa working on the west wall.



Later that day, it got wet and cold, so Melissa stayed inside and wore, I think, every piece of clothing she owns. Note the hump from the hood of her down vest under her sweater. (we didn't have the fire going at this point in the day)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, it's the hunchback of Santa Cruz! Ha! Hope you are staying warm.

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...